Thursday, March 1, 2012

March is here Already!

Yesterday, my friend Tina (who I am staying with in Canada) said she couldn't believe that March is here already! I had told her in January, that the first 3 months of every year seem to fly by for me, my Birthday is March 9th and usually after Christmas is done and put away for another year, March arrives and I am yet another year older! It has always been this way, maybe it's just me:)

I was telling Tina that I am really happy that this year, Jay and I will get to spend our Anniversary (May 23rd) together, it's a special one for us this year, we will have been married for 25 years!! It hasn't always been easy/fun, but the harder times have made us stronger and made us appreciate each other all the more! I can honestly say that we are the best of friends and we love being together. There have been a lot of periods where we have been apart, Jay has, as an Active duty GI,  had deployments, or temporary duties that have taken him away from his home and family, this is one of Jay's biggest regrets, that he wasn't always around for the boys as they were growing up. I tell him constantly and truthfully, that our Sons could not have had a better Dad, they have both said the same thing! I count myself among the few, that have experienced a long, happy marriage. Neither of us came from an unbroken home life, so we have appreciated being able to have a stable home life for our children. Our boys had the experience of traveling to lots of different States/Countries, during Jays 23 years in the Military, for the most part they enjoyed it, unfortunately, they did a lot of changing schools, which made it tough for them to make long lasting friendships. It can't have been that bad for them though, our oldest Son Nathan is now in the US Navy and is married and stationed in HI. We are very proud of him! Getting back on track, and the reason I started talking about our upcoming Anniversary!( I know, forgive my ramblings, but at least you get a little more insight into where our 'travelling bug' comes from :) ..) I got an email from Jay this morning, he said, "It looks like we may be earning more money from this deployment". Knowing my husband like I do, I know he is actually telling me that he is going to be gone longer than we thought! He would never put anything like dates or travel arrangements in an email, so I will most likely find out during this evenings 'moral call' how much longer he will be there, I am just hoping he will still be home by May 23rd, it was originally going to be May 8th. We shall see.

I am keeping up with my research on anything to do with Full timing in an RV, reading lots of blogs and making notes of some of the lessons learnt by some of the guys that have been living this life for years.One of my favorite chat forums is this one http://www.rv-dreams.com/ It is a great source of info for anyone either thinking about or who already own an RV, It is run by Howard& Linda Payne, they have been Full timing since 2005. I would really recommend this site, it has been a really big help for us. I confess I have become a little obsessed (ok a lot) with reading anything/everything I can about RVing and what other RVers are doing on the road, Jay is excited about our plans, but he is a lot more 'sensible' (don't tell him I said that lol) than I am regarding all the prep' we need to do before hand. I would be happy to just go buy our rig and go! Jay needs to get everything planned out on paper and in his mind first. He will take hours planning our financial budget, making sure we have everything installed in our rig (safety related especially)  Doing the research on work camping versus volunteering at State owned parks etc, to see if we would need to have any extra income on the road. It's one of the reasons I have so much respect for him, and he is right (uh oh, don't tell him I said that either,lol) We do have to be prepared before we give up everything we have right now, after all, he has a pretty secure career, working as a fed' civilian. Once he gives that up, there would be little chance of him being able to go back to his present career. So, given his reserve and my 'lets go' attitudes, our plans could change from one day to the next :-)

I will try and post a few pics here, just need to work out how!
I'll be right back........
huggs kim x

8 comments:

  1. Well, allow me to welcome you to the blogging world. I am Terry of Terry and Jo on the RV Dreams forums. It is interesting that your anniversary falls on my birthday.

    Hopefully, when that day comes, the two of you will be together again. Congratulations on 25 years. We are now working on 44, but I'm older than dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Terry,May 23rd was my Dad's Birthday too:) He passed away when I was 21, so we decided to 'use' that date to remember him by. Congrats on your 44 (almost) years married, you are one of a few these days too Huh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim, welcome to Blogville! Enjoy the planning! :) We have been planning for several years and are almost to the home stretch. Exciting times... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great you guys, congrats, maybe we will see you sometime during our travels:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have found the best blog/forum out there in RV-Dreams. Good luck in your planning.

    Randy
    www.warnerrvnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Randy:)
      The RV dreams site is my new obsession:-)

      Delete
  6. Welcome! I have subscribed to your blog and am interested in knowing how you're doing.

    We started full-timing in October 2011. Great decision. We consider ourselves "semi-retired" as we are still working, albeit in a different capacity.

    Keep us posted on your progress. It takes a lot of determination and planning, but once you get on the road there's a sigh of relief.

    Enjoy your journey.

    Susan
    http://travelbug-susan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Susan:)
    I have been reading your 'Blog' also:) We are doing ok, still doing lots of research and getting closer to being back together when Jay comes home! I will update the 'Blog' soon.
    Hope you guys are having fun, we are excited to join the "Fulltimers club" :-)
    huggs kim x

    ReplyDelete